We are a diverse and inclusive member association strengthening and creating pathways for volunteerism and civic engagement in Alberta.
Engaged, connected and empowered communities building a flourishing Alberta.
To strengthen and create pathways for volunteerism and civic engagement in Alberta.
How we do good, together: Strategic priorities 2021-2023
We commit to uphold and live our values.
- Collaboration: We partner for greater impact because we are stronger, together.
- Integrity: We model our values and support others to do the same.
- Learning: We seek opportunities to learn with our network. We take time to reflect and apply what we learn.
- Responsiveness: We listen and respond to our networks to address emerging needs.
- Adaptability: We embrace change and adapt to positively shape the future.
- Asset-based approach: We recognize the strength and value in individuals and communities. We help communities to build on these assets.
Our official name is the Association of Volunteer Centres and Volunteer Engaging Organizations of Alberta, but we go by Volunteer Alberta for short. Since 1990, we have been a leader and voice in the nonprofit sector for volunteer centres and organizations that engage volunteers. Our members have always looked to us for expert advice, guidance, programs, services, and resources to enhance their work and community engagement.
Review our 2020 Annual Report.
Review our 2019 Annual Report.
Review our 2018 Annual Report.
Review our 2020 Financial Statements.
Review our 2019 Financial Statements.
Review our 2018 Financial Statements.
Our funders support us in being the voice for the value of volunteerism and the nonprofit sector, encouraging participation and collaboration that contributes to the common good in Alberta.
Charitable business number
Volunteer Alberta’s charitable business number is: 877198093RR0001. Our T3010 can be found on the Canadian Revenue Agency website.