We are a diverse and inclusive member association strengthening and creating pathways for volunteerism and civic engagement in Alberta.
Engaged, connected, and empowered communities building a flourishing Alberta.
To strengthen and create pathways for volunteerism and civic engagement in Alberta.
- Collaboration: We partner for greater impact because we are stronger together.
- Integrity: We model our values and support others to do the same.
- Learning: We seek opportunities to learn with our network. We take time to reflect and apply what we learn.
- Responsiveness: We listen and respond to our networks to address emerging needs.
- Adaptability: We embrace change and adapt to positively shape the future.
- Asset-based approach: We recognize the strength and value in individuals and communities. We help communities to build on these assets.
We’re committed to helping Alberta do good, together.
Our strategic priorities for 2021-2023:
Volunteer Alberta convenes networks and collaborates across sectors to nourish relationships and advance collective work. We accomplish this by:
- Strengthening and creating pathways between individuals, organizations, and sectors to enhance volunteerism and civic engagement.
- Reaching out across networks to expand the diversity of perspectives in conversations.
- Leading, partnering, and supporting collective work to advance volunteerism and civic engagement.
- Strengthening engagement with existing and prospective members.
Volunteer Alberta amplifies diverse voices to elevate the power of volunteerism and civic engagement in communities across Alberta. We accomplish this by:
- Authentically engaging diverse voices to foster inclusivity.
- Building awareness and shared understanding of the value and impact of volunteerism and civic engagement.
- Advocating for and enhancing volunteerism and civic engagement.
- Collaborating with and leveraging existing civic engagement initiatives.
Volunteer Alberta strengthens nonprofits and community capacity to engage Albertans. We accomplish this by:
- Supporting organizational and community readiness to innovate and adapt in a rapidly evolving nonprofit/voluntary sector.
- Sourcing, building, and sharing programs, tools, and resources in support of volunteerism and civic engagement.
- Increasing awareness of our programs, services, and resources among members and stakeholders.
- Strengthening our own capabilities in response to changing organizational and sector needs.
Volunteer Alberta (The Association of Volunteer Centres and Volunteer Engaging Organizations) has been a leader and voice in the nonprofit sector since 1990. Working with rural and urban communities across the province, we have grown and transformed to accommodate the ever-changing needs of the sector.
Today, we continue to represent the diverse voices of our sector. We champion and celebrate volunteer centres, volunteer-engaging organizations, volunteerism, and civic engagement in Alberta. We’re looked to for expert advice, guidance, programs, services, and resources to enhance the sector’s work.