Volunteering is an opportunity to connect with your community to create a positive impact.
We believe volunteerism is crucial for creating healthy, vibrant, and connected Alberta communities. Through volunteering, you can create a positive impact and help shape the future for your community.
11 reasons to volunteer:
- Generosity: It’s an opportunity to give back, pay it forward, or help others, which in turn can be fulfilling for you.
- Passion: It’s a way to make a difference about something you care about.
- Resourcefulness: It’s an opportunity to accomplish things in your community that otherwise wouldn’t get done.
- Connection: It’s a great way to meet new people and become part of a community.
- Belonging: It can help to improve your language skills and get acquainted with a new culture.
- Health: Volunteering has been shown to improve overall health and wellbeing.
- Ambition: It builds your résumé and offers great work experience.
- Learning: It can offer new knowledge and skills.
- Adventure: It’s a chance to try something new or different.
- Enjoyment: It can be a lot of fun!
- Reciprocity: It can include great perks like food, tickets, parties, and swag.
Volunteer roles are wide-ranging and diverse. No matter where your interests, skills, and passion lie, you can get involved and make a difference.