You would be hard pressed to find an Albertan who hasn’t worked for, volunteered with, or benefited from one Alberta’s 25,000 nonprofit organizations. After all, the breadth and reach of our nonprofit sector is extensive:
Nonprofits are the fabric of Alberta, creating communities through culture and sports, education and housing, support and opportunity. Which is why, in today’s election, we are calling on all Albertans to vote, and to vote with nonprofits in mind. Here are some resources you might find interesting:
If you have already voted, thank you! Your vote does make a difference! Encourage your friends, family, and coworkers to vote as well. Remind them that government impacts nonprofits, and nonprofits are the building blocks of our communities.
If you haven’t voted yet, visit the resources below, and make sure you cast your ballot before the polls close at 8pm!
- To vote, you’ll need to be on the list of electors OR bring your gov’t issued ID with your name and current address (driver’s license) OR bring two pieces of other ID.
- Find your riding, candidates, and where to vote by putting in your postal code.
- Party platforms (in alphabetical order):
- Alberta Party (running candidates in 36 ridings)
- Alberta First Party (running candidate in 1 riding)
- Communist Party (running candidates in 2 ridings)
- Green Party (running candidates in 29 ridings)
- Liberal Party (running candidates in 56 ridings)
- New Democratic Party (running candidates in all 87 ridings)
- Progressive Conservative Party (running candidates in all 87 ridings)
- Social Credit Party (running candidates in 6 ridings)
- Wildrose Party (running candidates in 86 ridings)
- Too much reading? We understand. Use Vote Compass to see how your values and opinions compare with the 6 largest parties!
- For more information on nonprofit issues, check out CCVO’s provincial election resources, including party leaders’ stances and ideas on the nonprofit sector.
- More questions about voting? Visit Elections Alberta’s FAQs.
Now that you have the information you need to make an informed decision, all that’s left to do is get out to the polls! Let’s beat last provincial election’s turnout of 54% and ensure nonprofits have a strong voice in this election!