We support the work of nonprofit organizations through network stewardship and workforce development and help them impact urban and rural communities across the province.
Volunteer Alberta has been a leader and voice of the nonprofit sector since 1990, growing and transforming over the last 29 years. Our members have always looked to us for expert advice, guidance, programs, services, and resources to enhance their work and community engagement.
Vision: A strong, engaged and connected society serving the common good in Alberta.
Mission: To strengthen Alberta’s nonprofit/voluntary sector organizations through knowledge exchange and strategic connections.
What we do for you
- We monitor trends, explore innovation, and gather knowledge – and we share information.
- We recognize successes, challenges, and opportunities – and we provide solutions.
- We represent our members and reflect the collective voice of Alberta nonprofits – and we elevate that voice provincially and nationally.
- We celebrate volunteerism and the nonprofit sector – and we understand the value of serving the common good in Alberta communities.
We are Volunteer Alberta. Helping Alberta do good. Together.
2018 – 2020 Strategic Directions
- Volunteerism is valued.
- Nonprofit sector is valued.
- Deliver continuous improvements internally/externally.
- Nonprofit sector is equipped to thrive.
- Nonprofit sector is collaborative and connected.
Review our 2019 Annual Report.
Review our 2018 Annual Report.
Review our 2017 Annual Report.
Review our 2019 Financial Statements.
Review our 2018 Financial Statements.
Review our 2017 Financial Statements.
Our funders support us in being the voice for the value of volunteerism and the nonprofit sector, encouraging participation and collaboration that contributes to the common good in Alberta.
Charitable Business Number
Volunteer Alberta’s charitable business number is: 877198093RR0001. Our T3010 can be found on the Canadian Revenue Agency website.