Home is where our hearts are, and happiness is where your friends are. But you know you are truly blessed when the two fall under the same roof.
I am pleased and proud to announce that I am back with Volunteer Alberta after a three-month absence. Having spent a year as a Regional Capacity Coordinator in the Southern Alberta, I am familiar with the organization and the region. In my new role with Volunteer Alberta, I will be serving as a Knowledge Exchange Coordinator (KnEC). My area will continue to be Southern Alberta with the addition of Hanna!
As before, I am dedicated to the success of the nonprofit/voluntary sector. I am still involved with the KnowledgeConnector program; my duties include reaching out to learning providers and the ASK Workshop. However, I also support all the programs Volunteer Alberta has to offer! I am very excited to spread my wings within Volunteer Alberta.
Here is a brief list of some of the programs that I support in my new role:
- OASSIS employee benefits program
- Intersections project, which provides information about engaging a culturally diverse base of volunteers
- People Lens – an approach to engaging specifically-skilled volunteers
- Serving Communities Internship Program (SCiP) – post-secondary student internships in nonprofit/voluntary sector organizations
- Volunteer Alberta Membership
- Selling the Invisible workshops that provide information and methods to more effectively recruit and retain volunteers
I support these programs by sharing the information with you through workshops, brochures, and one on one meetings. Each program can play a different role in the success of your organization.
My goal for the summer is to reintroduce myself to members of the nonprofit/voluntary sector and get to know each of you again and see how your needs have changed. Volunteer Centres across the province have been key partners in getting the word out about what KnEcs have to offer each community – I would like to thank each and every Volunteer Centre for their continued support and dedication!
I am looking forward to this new role and continuing to make a positive impact on the sector!
See you soon,
Knowledge Exchange Coordinator (South)